Two: I started working to build up our savings. Last week I worked one day for 11 hours. You might ask where the heck is Caleb while I am working? Well....he is right beside me.
My good friend's mom has the contract to do 65,000 holiday gift bags for Lehi Roller Mills mixes. Since she can't get them done by herself she is paying people .30 a bag. So, I am frantically trying to do as many bags as I can. Talk about tedious work....but definitely worth it. It takes me an hour to do 40 bags and my goal is 8000....yeah, that ends up being 200 hours. Initially I didn't think I would be able to work very much while Caleb was awake but he has been so cooperative. He likes to sit beside me on the bed and hand me string and fabric. So far I have sewn a little over 3000 bags. Yeah, I am getting a little tired of it but I am very motivated to finish.
Side note: Notice Caleb wearing a hat inside. He has been obsessed with hats lately and will wear one for hours inside.
4 comments:
Yup...wish I had angel kids like you have...my kids scream as soon as I sit near the sewing machine. Hah! I can only work at night...if only I could go without sleep....
HELLO, you are pregnant? CONGRATS!!! I am impressed with the sewing, what a nice boy Caleb is to let you do that.
I think April would be a fabulous time to have a baby. I hope you have a quick and lovely 9 months!
You go girl! No wonder you bought me lunch the other day - you are raking in the cash.
Congratulations! Yeah. How fun for you guys. I hope everything goes smoothly. Sewing is such a great job when you have children. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment