The Subway is a nine mile hike through a slot canyon involving rappelling, scrambling, swimming, wading, and lots of hiking. Jason and I agree that it is our favorite hike so far because it has a little bit of everything in it.
The hike starts out on a normal trail then opens up to this beautiful sandstone.
Then it drops suddenly into this slot canyon
One of the first major obstacles was scrambling down this small ledge with water running over it and then swimming 40 ft. through frigid water that never sees the sun (it was seriously cold). I didn't think my feet were going to warm up after this (but they did). Notice in the picture on the left that you can't see the end of the swim (it kept going and going).

aaah so cute.
Here is a rappel we had to do down a waterfall. Doesn't that just make you want to do it too?!
This is part of the actual "Subway" section.
Jason and Tom. Is this gorgeous or what?!
The last rappel.
Tom, Beth and us (can you see why they call it the Subway?)
1 comment:
your such an adventurer! Repelling freeks me out. I went once and thought I was going to die. I also caught my hair in the rope while going down. I tagged you katherine. Check out my blog and see what you need to do.
Post a Comment