Friday, September 28, 2007

The next big thing

Meet: Caleb....future triathlete extraordinaire
Is that just the cutest thing you ever did see or what? I did the Yuba Lake triathlon in the beginning of September (I know it has been a while since I updated) and afterwards Caleb had fun "dressing up". He is fascinated with swim goggles and swim caps and wore these for a half hour before taking them off. I think he will be a force to be reckoned with when he is older. Look at those legs! Wooga baby!!

I definitely enjoyed this triathlon better. I actually didn't think I was going to drown during the swim...it's amazing how much practicing helps. I talked my niece into doing this one with me (she is in the blue tank top with black shorts). I was a little worried that she would beat me because she is younger (only 20) and in her prime and I am pushing 30 (so I actually should be expecting her to beat me) but I beat her little buns with 4 minutes to spare. Woo hoo! We came out of the water together and she passed me getting on the bike but I ended up passing her later on in the bike portion and she never caught up. Yes, it feels good. The only sad thing is that she hardly trained and I trained really good so I should have been further ahead...right? Oh and by the way she placed third in her age group...and this is her first triathlon. I didn't even place. That girl is a natural athlete.

The only bad thing about the experience is that while we were packing up the car to leave, Caleb tried to make friends with fire ants and got bitten several times on his hands before we realized what was happening. The even worse part was that we were a half hour from any pharmacy so he was in lots of pain for awhile.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey, that is so awesome! You are superwoman!

Allison said...

I meant to leave a comment on this a long time ago - those pictures of Caleb are so stinkin' cute.

And you are fabulous for doing all of that stuff.