Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas highlights

Two new things we did this year:
1. Instead of making our yearly gingerbread house, we made a gingerbread nativity. It was really fun to make and we were able to talk about the birth of Christ while doing something fun together. We used the idea from here.
2. I helped Caleb and Eliza each pick out a project to make for each other for Christmas. Eliza chose to make snow globes and Caleb made tie dye shirts. I used ideas from here and here. They had fun making their presents and were so excited to see the present they made being opened by the other on Christmas day. I felt like this helped them get into the spirit of giving and not be consumed with getting presents. After Christmas Caleb told me the best part of Christmas was giving gifts to people. We will definitely do this again next year.

No comments: