Thursday, July 07, 2011

The little guy

 Wow...it has been four weeks since Oliver was born and I have to say that adding #3 to our family has been a bit of an adjustment for me. I really thought that it was going to be a breeze since I have been taking care of three kids for a year...A newborn is definitely different than a toddler I guess. He really likes to be held...all the time...day and night. This was fine for the two weeks that we had family with us. Then family left, Jason went back to school and...it was just me. Let's just say I am a little sleep deprived.

What we have been up to these last few weeks:
 My sister Trisha came for a whole week and we were spoiled rotten! She cooked, she cleaned, she bought lots of treaties, she held Oliver while I napped, she took the kids to a movie, swam with them in the hot tub, painted their toenails and fingernails (we only had pink so Caleb ended up with pink toes) etc...etc. I was sad to see her go.


 Lots of cuddling Oliver...the kids adore him and for the first couple of weeks asked to hold him multiple times a day.

Jason's mom and little brother came the day after Trisha left. We had lots of fun exploring Seattle: the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. One day we spent an afternoon at the beach and I was shocked to see the kids playing in the freezing cold ocean water.
We drove up to Bellingham to watch Trisha do her first triathlon...she was so awesome...and I was majorly jealous that I wasn't with her. She promised we could do it together next year.

4 comments:

Christie said...

What cute pics! How do you make the corners rounded like that?

kayla said...

Super cute! Glad Trishy was there to help you.

Mandy said...

I know what you mean - it was a hard adjustment for me too, moving on to 3 kids. I will say though, now that we have hit 3 months, my baby is starting to move into a schedule and things are MUCH easier. He's super cute, though. Thanks for posting pictures!

The Jensen's said...

Loving your blog. Super cute!! Oliver is absolutely adorable :)