To say that I am nesting is a little bit of an understatement. A couple of weeks ago I started having a lot of false contractions. They say you get Braxton Hicks but these were consistent contractions that lasted for an hour or more...and then just stopped. One word....frustrating. There have been three times so far that I was sure I was going to have this baby....yeah, he is still not here. On the bad side, I am getting my hopes up only to have them dashed and it is has been very discouraging. On the good side, thinking that I might have this baby any minute has motivated me to get some projects done and the last two weeks have been very productive. So I have four days left until my due date and I am trying real hard to prepare myself mentally in case that date comes and goes...and I am still pregnant. Some of the things I have finished so far...
A baby blanket
A book to use as a journal for our baby to record milestones, etc. (Bookbinding was by far my favorite class at BYU)
Some fun burp cloths...can't have too many of these guys
A carseat cover. It is amazing the tutorials you can find on the internet.
A nursing cover...surprisingly easy to make.
Refinished a dresser.
The coolest part is that this dresser used to have four drawers. It was too tall for a changing table but I couldn't pass up the 35 dollar price tag so we ended up cutting off the top drawer...you can't even tell. It had a horrible paint job so I had to chemically strip the entire thing...never will do that again. It ended up taking me three days...with help...and some major swollen feet and hands. Looking back, I am thinking that maybe it wasn't worth it after all...seeing as I am almost going to have a baby and bending and crouching over wasn't so comfortable...but it turned out cute.
3 comments:
Okay, your nesting is better than my nesting! Mine consisted of buying two weeks worth of cereal, scrubbing my house down, and catching up on ALL of my scrapbooking. :)
Good luck with the last few days of pregnancy! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little guy. PLEASE don't go months without updating the blog - don't leave me hanging in suspense! :)
You are amazing! Such beautiful projects! I love them!! And I feel your pain... those last days of pregnancy are the worst. I went just 4 days past my due date but I'm pretty sure I cried every one of those days and thought the world would end. Hang in there!! I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a beautiful birth and a very healthy adorable baby boy.
Good luck with the wait, Katherine! I'm impressed you managed to finish all of those projects. They're adorable.
Post a Comment