Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Prego Mamma

Some of you have asked why I said in an earlier post that I needed space in my car for five kids. Well...let's do the math. You might remember that I am a nanny....so my kids (2) + Staci and Pete's son, Xander (1) + my forthcoming baby (1) = 4. So where is number five? Well...it just so happens that Staci is pregnant and due three weeks after me. So essentially I am going to be taking care of twins...CRAZY...I know...tell me about it. I am little nervous but I think it will work out some how.

You may have notice that there is a complete absence of pictures of me in the past several months. That is because I am so anti prego pictures. Some people love to chronicle the different stages of their pregnancy (all the more power to you)....me...I want to completely forget how big I was. This pregnancy has been the worst. I am the most I have ever weighed in my LIFE!!...and I still have five weeks to go. I can't even count the loads of comments I get about my size. What is it about being pregnant that makes people think it is okay to make comments about your weight? When someone asks me, "Are you sure there are not twins in there?"....pretty much what they are saying is that I am too big to have just one baby in there....which translates into "You are fat." Let's just say that I am a little self conscious about my weight. Anyways, after some major guilt trips by multiple people I thought I would take just one picture. So here it is of Staci and I (at 35 weeks)...and yes, there is just one baby in there.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I never took pictures with my girls, but knowing that this baby was my last one ever, I tried to take a picture every month. I think you look adorable and completely feminine!

Melvin and Carly said...

I totally forgot that you were a nanny. So the math makes sense now. Thanks. And I hear ya. What is with the comments during pregnancy? I'm currently expecting our 5th so I mostly hear comments like "You're having ANOTHER one?" or "Wow, you're brave." (They're really thinking crazy.) I'm only 20 weeks but since this is my 5th, I look quite a bit larger since my body is already all stretched out. :)

I think you look great, by the way. Hope the last few weeks are good ones.

bethy said...

I don't think you look huge. I think shorter gals have less room for a baby to spread out in so maybe the poke out a little more, I don't know. You look good to me.

kayla said...

You are to hard on yourself you are pregnant don't worry about it. Just work out like crazy afterwards. You are suppose to get big when your pregnant. I told my mom "I just don't want to get fat" and she said "well then you shouldn't have gotten pregnant." :) You look cute!!

Wesley said...

Ooh Katherine. You are hilarious. It's true, people make the wackiest comments to pregnant ladies. I love that "Are you sure it's not twins?" comment because, ummmm yeah I'm sure. And who the heck asked you? I think you are adorable and not as giant as you may feel. I can't wait to see pics of your precious new tiny! Caleb is still my favorite child besides my own so I'm pretty stoked you are having another boy. :)

Melissa B. said...

Anyone who sends me deeeelicious blackberry jam is the most beautiful, fabulous, gorgeous supa mama no matter how pregnant she may be. Thank you thank you. You're always thinking of others and how to make their lives a little sweeter. Super cool Katherine is lookin' fine anytime! Love you.