Thursday, February 17, 2011

It really shouldn't take two hours to get to snow

I miss snow....REALLY miss it. It is so much easier to play in the snow (and much more fun) than in the rain. This whole "raining every day" thing for the past few months is really getting on my nerves. One day we decided we needed at least one fun outing in the snow so we drove two hours to get there...it really shouldn't take two hours to get to snow, by the way. We had a blast though.

Inevitably, when there is a combination of snow and men, a snow cave/igloo gets built. The kids were excited for the first ten minutes then Pete and Jason enthusiastically finsihed it off...and were quite proud of it too.


On the bright side...the ONE day a month that we actually see the sun, it feels just like spring (okay so I exaggerated a little...there were actually two sunny days last month).

4 comments:

Allison said...

Man, it only takes an hour to get to snow in Southern California!

My sister-in-law lives in Portland and said it is really hard to deal with so much rain. But there are beautiful things about the area too!

You all look great, and the kids are adorable as always!

Wesley said...

That is a lot of rain... I wish I could share some of our snow with you. We got 80 inches in January. I got sick of snow like you got sick of rain.

Annalee said...

looks like a fun snow day. I had no clue you were going to have another sweet baby boy! congrats! JJ was born on June 11...its a good time of the year. I hope you guys are doing well. I miss you!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Tom is sad that he and Jason can't go snowcaving anymore. We have plenty of snow here in Michigan though if Jason is ever interested:)