Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Alaska

In July, my sisters and I spent a week in Alaska without: kids OR husbands...yes, it was wonderful. I guess I should say no small kids because we let my nieces Kayla and Lauren tag along. I can't believe that it had been ten years since I had been back to Juneau, my hometown. True to what I remembered, we were greeted with rain almost every single day. Luckily, the rain didn't dampened our trip and we were able to do a lot fun stuff...many things were even free because we knew so many people who had connections to tours. By the end of the week I had probably eaten enough food for six people and laughed harder than I have laughed in a long time (my face muscles were sore).

One day we went on a whale watching tour and saw
humpback whales, killer whales, and sea lions.

 Another day we were able to board a cruise ship for an afternoon. We ate way more food than I was hungry for (I couldn't help myself...it was all free) and soaked in the hot tub.

We also took a ride in a small plane over the dozens of glaciers that surround Juneau...spectacular!

We ate a ton of fresh seafood...so delicious (Don't worry...I didn't eat that one!).

And made the rounds to all our favorite places to eat...gotta love Breeze-Inn doughnuts.

We were also able to see my Aunt Margaret and 40+ cousins that still live in Juneau.
She even made us cinnamon rolls!

The end.

7 comments:

kayla said...

My mom is going to kill you if she ever sees you put that picture up haha.

Allison said...

You look so young and fresh in these pictures, I'm jealous!! Looks like a fabulous trip.

Melvin and Carly said...

Ah, the Kellen sisters just like I remember them! How fun that you got to be there together. I know my mom was so thrilled that you visited her. Hope you ate a Breeze-In doughnut for me! (Actually, I prefer the doughnut holes, but whatever.) And you all look fab!

Mandy said...

So, so, so fun! I want to go there. Can you come with me, with all your connections? I'll hook you up with airfare... ;)

Wesley said...

You are so gorgeous! What a fun and awesome trip. Miss you lots!

Dahl Family said...

Wow. So jealous. What a great trip!!! Seriously, it looks like you got to do everything. So, I take it you're eating sugar again, huh?

Shapiro said...

How wonderful! One day Marcus and I will make it to Alaska... I told him for our ten year that is where I want to go!!!! :) We'll have to get all the tips and tricks and ideas from you and Peggy! We miss you guys!