My kids had such a blast with the Halloween advent calendar that I made, I just couldn't resist making one for Christmas. You can find instructions here on how to make one. This time I put candy and pieces of paper in each one with an activity to do together each day. Here is the list:
Make a Christmas treat
Have dinner by candle light
Make hot cocoa and marshmallows
Make popcorn and watch a Christmas movie
Build a fort and sleep in it
Make a birthday card for Jesus and put it under the Christmas tree
Go to a movie
Go to the store and shop for family
Make a Christmas treat
Bake Christmas treats and give to friends
Cut out paper snowflakes
Make a card for someone and mail it
Go for a special drive in our pajamas and look at the Christmas lights atPeople’s houses
Read the Christmas story
Go Ice skating
Go see Santa Claus
Build a snowman
Go to temple square look at the lights
Make a Christmas craft
Decorate a gingerbread house
Go to Grandma McKean’s house!
Put on a puppet show for mom and dad
Color a special picture for someone
Find a special present and open it
Remember it is Jesus’ birthday today. Sing Happy Birthday to Him.
If you don't have one, you should really think about making one for next year. Last year, I saved a ton of money by buying all those boxes for 70 percent off after Christmas.
You can find more ideas for advent calendars here, here, here, and here.
3 comments:
Where did you find all those little boxes? Very cute! I might do this for next year.
I LOVE YOU!! These are such cute ideas.
genius-- I love your list.
Post a Comment