Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Let the Festivities Begin

Last year, after the holidays were over, I made a pledge that I would do more fun things with my kids to make the holidays more "festive". To start off the fun I decided to make a Halloween advent calendar. I got the directions from a blog called "Just a Girl" that you can find here, bought all the supplies, and then proceeded to procrastinate until the evening before October began (I don't recommend doing this unless you want to stay up until 2 in the morning like I did). I filled the boxes with treats and dollar store toys like squishy eyeballs. Caleb absolutely loves it and it is a great way to have a little bit of Halloween every day.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Super cute! Maybe I'll do a Christmas one...

Allison said...

I want to be better about decorating for holidays too. I do it for Christmas but not enough for the others.

This is really cute!

Melvin and Carly said...

Such a good idea!

Ann Guevara said...

Holy Cow! Awesome! I know I'm going to miss out!