
I love red doors. I know you probably will think I am a little weird but one of my life's goals is to have a red door. Really. Every time I pass a house with a red door I drool (it's true...just ask Jason). I am not fully sure why I love them so much. I guess it's just because they make me happy...and they stand out...and they are so dang lovely. So finally I talked Jason into letting me paint our door red. I was so giddy the day I painted it. Every time I look at it I smile.
So, it is a little brighter than I was expecting but I think it is growing on me (that and I don't want to spend fifteen more dollars to paint it again).
I have done research on red doors and according to Feng shui, the front door is where all good energy enters a space and the color red, the most auspicious color in feng shui, attracts luck and good energy.
Also, a red door is supposedly a sign of welcome. I like that. And yes, you are welcome any time.

6 comments:
Love it!
I smile every time I see it, too!
I've been secretly wishing for a red door too. But I'd have to paint the entire exterior of the house in order for it to match and I haven't figured out that color scheme yet. Guess I'll just admire yours for now!
How awesome is that?!?! I don't think I can relate how much of an influence you were on me as a "can-do" person. I admire that about you and it often motivates me to do hard things. Looks like things are still going well for you. Keep up the great work!
I love it. I think I am going to make that one of my life goals too. Because I feel the same way. The red door some how make a house so cool.
Awesome. We might have to stop by.
Post a Comment