When do you give your child bike when his birthday is in the middle of November?...when it is snowing, raining,....and all around crappy weather? No. Definitely not. So we gave it to him in September and told him it was his birthday present. Is that bad? I didn't think so.
Do you notice anything different about this bike? Look closely. Yes, there are no pedals. Now what kind of mother would buy her child a bike with no pedals? Me. I think you would get one too if you knew how amazing it was....like help a three year old ride a regular bike (no lie, Caleb's friend Daniel rides a bike now and he is only three) or another three year old glide down a steep hill (yes, Caleb's other friend Zach).
In a nutshell, the bike teaches balance and coordination before pedaling. You can start as early as 18 months. I actually wished I started Caleb sooner. If you want to know more go here and watch the video...you will be hooked.
I was wondering if I made a mistake the first night we brought it out. Caleb was frustrated because it didn't handle like a tricycle but the next day he was doing great and now he is gliding several feet. He loves it. I searched every where for the the best deal and Amazon sells it for $87 with free shipping. If I had to do it over again I probably would get a regular bike and just take the pedals off. Although the strider bike is extremely light and doesn't have tires that can get a flat.

3 comments:
Interesting idea, no pedals. We'll have to try it. Although, it might be too late with Maggie. Enjoy your snow. :)
He's lookin' good!
I think it's a pretty cool idea.
Yay Caleb! We hope you love your strider bike. (and happy birthday!)
Post a Comment