Saturday, May 16, 2009

What the world needs more of...

...bows. I think people would be a lot happier if there were more bows in the world. Every time I see a cute bow in someone's hair I smile. Unfortunately, not that many girls wear bows in their hair these days (excluding Utah county...or, actually...all of Utah). In my experience with Eliza, I have concluded that there are generally 5 reasons why girls don't wear bows:

1. Bows add up, costing 3-4 dollars a piece.
2. You have to worry about having a coordinating bow with each outfit.
3. It gets discouraging when your daughter pulls out her bow as soon as you put it in.
4. It gets really discouraging when you have to put the bow back in at least a dozen times in a 30 minute period.
5. It is so much easier and faster to do nothing with their hair.

So, I haven't had much success with 3,4, or 5 but I have found a way to make super cute
bows for way cheap. I found a couple of websites that have been helpful. One has a video tutorial and she even shows you how to make the nylon headbands. The other shows you how to do the curly ribbon bows.

5 comments:

Ann Guevara said...

SHE IS SOOOO CUTE!!! Love it!

Christie said...

Thanks for teaching me how to make them. I think they're SO cute, too, and am going to try harder to make more and get my girls to wear them!

kayla said...

she is so cute, I love that girl!!

Snow Flakes said...

what a funny face. love the bows.

kayla said...

Girl you need to update your blog. I need I need I need I want I want I want...to see cute pictures of your kids that are growing up so fast.