Thursday, June 05, 2008

My so-called [crazy] life

As you can see from my lack of blogging lately, life has been one crazy roller coaster. I thought I didn’t have time when I just had Caleb…I was so wrong. It seems like all I do these days is change diapers (Caleb’s included – he was pretty much potty trained and then when Eliza came, he regressed so we are waiting a couple of months before trying again), feed Eliza, do laundry, and try to catch up on the sleep I missed the night before.

Caleb and Eliza have also been tag teaming big time. When I put down Caleb for a nap, Eliza is ready to be awake and most days when I finally get her to sleep, Caleb wakes up. One day Eliza woke up early and Caleb slept in; then the next day Eliza slept in and Caleb woke up early. I have so much respect now for my friend Allison who had twins after her toddler. She said that the first six months were a blur…yeah, I can’t complain too much. Things actually are pretty good. Caleb has not been throwing major tantrums lately. Eliza is on a good feeding/sleeping schedule (I actually got six hours of continual sleep one night).

I have learned that I need to let some things go if I want to stay sane. With Caleb, I was always quick to pick him up when he cried. I tried that in the beginning with Eliza but there were times when Caleb and Eliza were both crying and then I would feel so overwhelmed that I would start crying too. Now I realize that it is okay if Eliza cries once in a while…like when I take a much needed shower or when Caleb really needs something and I can’t hold her and help him at the same time.

It is so much fun to have a spring/summer baby. Caleb was always bundled up. I love putting her in cute dresses and not having to worry about socks (that always fall off anyway). It is especially nice to get out for some fresh air.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Darling pictures!!!! I remember those days when all three of us were crying. I know you hear it all the time, but it's true...it will get better! My next baby is going to be a spring/summer baby. I had to bundle up both of mine, and it's harder that way!

Allison said...

Oh yes, I remember those days well. Too well in fact. That is when you know you aren't ready for another baby yet :) You have to forget first. And, if I had twins again I think I would end up in the looney bin.

She is so adorable - thanks for putting up some updated pictures!! 6 hours in a row, woo hoo! Hopefully she keeps it up!

Annalee said...

Oh man, that scares me!! Your a great mom and you have two adorable kiddos!!

Shawn said...

oh my gosh, what a doll! She is so cute. are our girls too little for play dates? :)