Thursday, June 05, 2008

Kayla's Wedding

My niece got married on May 10th. Yes, my niece. She is 20. People are always surprised when I say my niece is here at BYU. She feels more like a sister than a niece because we grew up together (she is only eight years younger than me) and every time she introduces me to someone as her aunt I feel sooo old (some of my aunts are in their 80’s). It is funny because Jason has a brother that is only 12.

Anyways, all of my family was here for the event (all 30 of them). It was the first time in three years that we have all been together. Yeah, pretty sad, huh. That is what happens when everyone lives in a different state. I have siblings in Alaska, Washington, Arizona, and Georgia and my mom and dad live in Montana. My brother (who lives in Provo) and I are the only ones that live close. It was wonderful to see everyone but at the same time very tiring (Eliza was only 2 weeks). Kayla was sooo beautiful though. She won a 4,000 dollar photo package at a bridal fair and so she had some great pictures. I wish this picture could be bigger.


My sister, Trisha, and her family stayed for a few days after. May is not a good time for people to visit Utah because most fun activities haven’t opened yet. The water parks weren’t opening for a couple of weeks. We went up to Park City on Wednesday to go on the alpine slide and zipline but found out that they weren’t opening until that Saturday (yeah, bad planning on my part…I should have called). Luckily, the Timpanogos Caves had opened the weekend before so we went there. It was a great time to go because there wasn’t a wait to see the caves and the hike up wasn’t oppressively hot like it was the last time we went.

Caleb, insisting he have his sunglasses on for the picture
(despite the fact that we are in a dark cave)


Trisha inside the caves


No comments: