You might think this is a humorous work of fiction, but embarrassing as it is to admit, this was actually my life in action on Friday night. After I was hit by the ball, I kept running, thinking I couldn't possibly be called out having been hit by my own teammate....I was wrong. How embarrassing was that? I just wanted to crawl in a corner....but I didn't quit! I went on to get a homerun that won the game (Actually, I didn't get a homerun and we ended up losing 11 to 10; but it was fun anyway). Man, did that sting!
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Battle Wound
Picture this: You are in a softball game. You make it to first base. The next batter is on the plate. He swings...he hits...it is a grounder and is coming straight for you. You think to yourself, "I should wait until it passes before I run." Then, "If I wait, 'til it passes I won't make it to second base in time." You then start to run for your life, hoping to beat the ball. That pause to think was a mistake because suddenly you get smacked right in the leg. "OUT!" The umpire calls.
You might think this is a humorous work of fiction, but embarrassing as it is to admit, this was actually my life in action on Friday night. After I was hit by the ball, I kept running, thinking I couldn't possibly be called out having been hit by my own teammate....I was wrong. How embarrassing was that? I just wanted to crawl in a corner....but I didn't quit! I went on to get a homerun that won the game (Actually, I didn't get a homerun and we ended up losing 11 to 10; but it was fun anyway). Man, did that sting!
You might think this is a humorous work of fiction, but embarrassing as it is to admit, this was actually my life in action on Friday night. After I was hit by the ball, I kept running, thinking I couldn't possibly be called out having been hit by my own teammate....I was wrong. How embarrassing was that? I just wanted to crawl in a corner....but I didn't quit! I went on to get a homerun that won the game (Actually, I didn't get a homerun and we ended up losing 11 to 10; but it was fun anyway). Man, did that sting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How come you never told me you got hit by a softball, hello McFly? I only see you practically every day! You're in trouble.
And that my friend is why I stay FAR AWAY from sports! Way cute haircut, by the way!
Post a Comment