Wednesday, September 07, 2011

10 Miles

My sister, Trisha, and I ran a 10 mile race last weekend. I didn't really want to do it but my sister bullied me into signing up for the race a couple of weeks after I had Oliver...thank you Trisha. Signing up for something always motivates me to stay active...or in this case...get active. I needed something to help me lose the fifty pounds...yes 5-0...I gained while pregnant. I was expecting to be the one pushing my sister (since she hadn't run for three weeks) but she ended up pushing me. This was the first race that I have done with someone else where we stayed together the whole time...and I really liked it. Let's do it again sometime.

2 comments:

The Jensen's said...

Great job! We should totally start running early again. I just sent you an email about a race Thanksgiving weekend, I hope you're around!

Mandy said...

Awesome!!! Way to go, Katherine. I gained 50, too. I did with all 3 of the kids. And I've lost it all every single time, thanks to running. It's magical, isn't it? I know, me of all people... :)