Friday, November 06, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies

Sugar cookies
White frosting
Candy corn
Orange decorating icing
Black decorating gel
Miniature M&Ms

Frost cookies with white frosting. Arrange seven candy corns over frosting for feathers. Attach two miniature m&ms for eyes and pipe black gel for centers of eyes. Pipe orange icing onto each cookie to resemble beak and feet.

Sugar Cookies
3 c flour
½ t baking soda
½ t salt
1 t baking powder
1 c butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
½ t vanilla
½ c sour cream

Combine wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Then combine both together. Roll out to ¼ inch and bake at 350 for 8 minutes (or until barely starting to get golden).

Note: The recipe called for refrigerated sugar cookie dough but if you want a good homemade recipe then I left my favorite. Also the recipe didn't call for the cookies to be frosted either. Who likes sugar cookies without frosting? Not me.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I am hoping you will post the recipe for that amazing chocolate-dipped biscotti you made me for Christmas last year (note I said "me"...Andy didn't get any. Opps!)

Oh, and I can't believe you are moving! yay for you, sad for me.