Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pilgrim Hat Cookies

12 Chocolate striped shortbread cookies (Keebler)
6 oz chocolate chips
12 marshmallows
tube of yellow decorators' frosting

Set the chocolate striped cookies down on a wax paper covered tray. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave. One at a time, stick a wooden toothpick into a marshmallow, dip the marshmallow into the melted chocolate and promptly center it atop a cookie. Using a second toothpick to lightly hold down the marshmallow, carefully pull out the first toothpick. Let chocolate set, then pipe yellow frosting in the shape of a buckle on the front of each hat.

Note: To make the chocolate easier to dip in I always add one tablespoon of shortening to each cup of chocolate chips. So, these cookies weren't that appetizing for me because I don't care for marshmallows very much; however, dipping the cookies in the leftover melted chocolate was heavenly. The kids loved them though.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Cute! So...what are you doing with all these batches of cookies and treats?? :)

Ellie said...

YOu are so crafty! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love your holiday treats! I think I'll have to make these hats for sure. Did you make the Christmas Advent Calendar too?