As Father's Day was approaching, I had visions of something truly great to give to Jason...something that Caleb would be really excited about giving to his Dad...matching ties. However, it is very hard to find matching ties that are not just a solid color.So I decided to make them myself. I found a boy's tie pattern and a man's tie pattern online and one fine Thursday morning a friend and I made them together. We thought the project was only going to take us about three hours...eight hours later we finally finished. Let's just say that our kids were a little neglected that day. At one point the Cheerios box was knocked over. Since I didn't bother to clean it up right away, Eliza had a party with the cheerios, including managing to get the majority of them stuck to the pajamas she was still wearing at 5 PM.
It turned out to be a very fun project. I thought Caleb would be so excited but when I showed the tie to him, he said he didn't want to wear it. He still refuses to wear the tie. The only time he has put it on was when I took a picture of him and Jason...then he promptly took it off.
3 comments:
So cute, Katherine!! What a great gift idea, even if Caleb hated it. :)
haha that is so funny. Eliza looks hilarious. You are so creative though. Its the thought that counts right.
Great job on the ties! And I love the cheerios all over Eliza's pants. Too funny.
Post a Comment