Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas traditions

We sure had a great Christmas. We were by ourselves this year and it was actually quite nice to be just us. It took us almost two hours to open our presents, not because we had a lot, but because we took time to have fun with each present before we would open another. The time we spent felt more meaningful. I loved it and hope we do it again next year.

I have been thinking a lot about traditions lately and my new year's resolution is to create more traditions throughout the year (like eating a green dinner on St. Patrick's day).

Some of the Christmas traditions we have are from our childhood, like getting pajamas on Christmas eve, making a special Christmas treat for friends and family, having a waffle breakfast on Christmas eve, and leaving Santa's presents unwrapped. Some are traditions we created after we were married, like making and decorating a gingerbread house and going to see the lights on temple square. Some are traditions that I would like to start, like doing the twelve days of Christmas for a family (a great idea here), having our children make handmade gifts for each other, and making an advent calendar (there is an awesome Halloween one I want to make too).

No comments: