December

Before Christmas, we went to see the 3-D IMAX movie: "Santa vs. the Snowman" with Jason’s brother Jesse, his wife, Cami, and Caleb’s cousins Lydia and Lexus. Caleb actually wore his glasses for awhile too. There was preview for a dinosaur movie where T-Rex comes right at you and Caleb jumped pretty high...it was fun to watch his reaction and to try to reach out and touch things.

January
best time to start learning since Caleb isn’t trying to impress anyone...yet. My friend Cara, who is a licensed hair professional (and a dang good one too), graciously offered to teach me, and Jason (bless his heart), bravely volunteered to be my first subject. It took two hours with Cara by my side and a lot of fixing on her part but I think I got the hang of it. She helped me do Caleb’s hair too (which was a whole lot easier than Jason’s). We styled Caleb’s hair and his friend Max’s hair (Cara’s son) into mohawks before we cut them...just for fun.
Since then I have cut Jason’s hair again (by myself this time). It took two hours again but didn’t go as bad as I thought it would. I cut his hair way too short and cut my hand three times with the scissors (they were SHARP!) but hey, it was my first time by myself so I think I did pretty good considering. Although I have to admit that it took Cara an hour to fix it and to re-teach me some essential skills (like how not to cut myself). I really think I will do better next time and luckily I didn’t scare Jason off.
We finally took the plunge and bought a house. It is such a scary venture but definitely worth it. I didn’t realize how nice it would be to have a place to call my own, where we could do what we want and not ask permission. Jason is going full boar on the lawn and garden (even though we don’t have much of a lawn....it is pretty puny, but nice) and has lots of grand ideas of what he wants to do with it. We (or I should say Jason) are growing a garden and plan on planting among other things, a peach tree and some berries. It is exciting. I don’t have pictures right now but plan on posting them later.
Jason has this crazy tradition with his friend Tom where they go up into the mountains and build a snow cave.....AND THEN SLEEP IN IT! This is actually their third year doing it and every year they talk about how excited they are for the next time. And every year they get better at making one. Jason loved it so much that in March he invited his brother Jesse to go with him also. They went to the same place because it was getting warm and they didn’t think that a new one would freeze in time. While they were there they added a "kitchen" area. I thought it was pretty funny but they had fun doing it.

April
We decide this year to do the Easter Bunny for Caleb and get him an Easter basket. He LOVED it! We put a few eggs in a basket with a piece of chocolate in each and he had the best time shaking them and trying to open them. Jason then put some Easter eggs outside and Caleb carried his basket around finding eggs. Caleb didn’t keep his basket straight and the eggs kept falling out so he would turn around and find the eggs all over again. It was funny to watch. Also, as he picked up the eggs, he would shake them and if they didn’t make a noise, he would throw them down on the ground (he sure learned quick which ones had chocolate and which ones didn’t).

2 comments:
Wow! Congrats on buying a house. I'll keep on dreaming of the day when I can have a place of my own...I'll live vicariously through you until then. :)
It is so great to read about your happenings. Congrats on the house. I can imagine how fun it is to work in your own yard-how blissful;) Love the pictures.
Post a Comment